Membership with Berkeley Women in Business includes many benefits including:
- Various professional development workshops & networking events with our corporate sponsors
- Opportunity to participate in our mentorship program
- Access to our network of alumni
New Member - A lifetime membership is $50, or you can pay a semester-ly fee of $25. To join, fill out our general application and stop by our table, "Berkeley Women in Business" on Sproul Plaza, from 9 AM to 1 PM, Monday-Friday or come to our weekly meetings on Tuesdays at 7:00 PM to pay your fees.
Joining a Committee
If you want to be more involved, you can join one of eight committees. Being a committee member will give you the opportunity to strengthen specific skills and form a stronger bond with your fellow members.
The committee application is now closed. Please apply in Fall 2017 for committee positions. We encourage you to apply to General Membership and the Mentorship program.
You can find more information on our committees below:
- Committee members will maintain and expand BWIB’s social media presence and facilitate internal and external communications. They will use social media (Facebook, Instagram) to spread awareness about issues faced by women and lead online campaigns for the same.
- Committee members will be expected to assist the VP of Finance in executing fundraisers. They will also process reimbursements, apply for ASUC grants, maintain records of all club finances, and organize BWIB apparel.
- Committee members will be responsible for staying in consistent contact with sponsors, writing thank you letters to sponsor representatives after events, doing research on companies, organizing BWIB’s company contacts, and be assigned to finding and securing a corporate sponsor.
- Committee members will assist VPs with coordinating and providing feedback on various mentorship and alumni events throughout the semester, in addition to executing one large multi-mentor-family event.
- Committee members will work with the VP of Technology to establish, maintain and expand the BWIB website, maintain officer email addresses and the resume book, and undertake various other projects relating to website reconstruction and technology.
- Committee members will coordinate itineraries, budgets, and logistics for internal development events.
- Committee members will work with the VPs to establish relationships with the greater campus community, including MBA groups, Haas professors, other UC Berkeley student organizations, and the Career Center.
- Committee members will assist in marketing, advertising, and managing BWIB’s campus presence.