Everyone is welcome to become or join as a general member. Join us today.
Membership with Berkeley Women in Business includes many benefits including:
- Various professional development workshops & networking events with our corporate sponsors
- Opportunity to participate in our internal case competition
- Access to our network of alumni
New Member - A lifetime membership is $50, or you can pay a semester-ly dues of $25. To join, fill out our general application and stop by our table, "Berkeley Women in Business" on Sproul Plaza, from 9 AM to 1 PM, Monday-Friday or come to our weekly meetings on Tuesdays at 7:00 PM to pay your dues.
Joining a Committee
If you want to be more involved, you can join one of eight committees. Being a committee member will give you the opportunity to strengthen specific skills and form a stronger bond with your fellow members.
Please note that in order to become a Committee Member (CM), you must fill out both applications. You must be a General Member in order to serve as a CM.
You can find more information on our committees below:
Committee members organize and manage BWIB's member dues, committee member points system, alumni database, master calendar, and CalLink. They also provide club resources to all members and facilitates inter-committee communications.
- Committee members will be expected to assist the VP of Finance in executing fundraisers. They will also process reimbursements, apply for ASUC grants, maintain records of all club finances, and organize BWIB apparel.
- Committee members will be responsible for staying in consistent contact with sponsors, writing thank you letters to sponsor representatives after events, doing research on companies, organizing BWIB’s company contacts, and be assigned to finding and securing a corporate sponsor.
Technology & Communications
- Committee members will work with the VP of Technology to establish, maintain and expand the BWIB website, maintain officer email addresses and the resume book, and undertake various other projects relating to website reconstruction and technology.
- Committee members will maintain and expand BWIB’s social media presence and facilitate internal and external communications. They will use social media (Facebook, Instagram) to spread awareness about issues faced by women and lead online campaigns for the same.
- Committee members will coordinate itineraries, budgets, and logistics for internal development events.
- Committee members will work with the VPs to establish relationships with the greater campus community, including MBA groups, Haas professors, other UC Berkeley student organizations, and the Career Center.
- Committee members will assist in marketing, advertising, and managing BWIB’s campus presence.